This past holiday season, the Sisters’ Development Office executed the annual Christmas appeal, which asked their loyal supporters to give not only to the Sisters but to their supported ministries. With over 350 donations from hundreds of donors, the appeal was a major success, culminating in mid-January with nearly $50,000 raised.
These funds were distributed as follows:
- $10,000—St. Joseph Hill Academy to support the High School and Elementary School scholarship programs.
- $7,000—St. Joseph Hill Convent to maintain the Sisters’ retirement and daily care.
- $7,000—St. Mary’s Residence in Manhattan, New York for necessary updates to the building.
- $3,000—was sent to provide for the Sisters working in South Bend, IN who are involved as substitute teachers, teaching formation classes to children and adults and their work with the lay associates.
- $3,000—St. Therese Parish San Diego, California providing for the Sisters to remain active in parish life, particularly CCD.
- $10,000—St. Elizabeth Briarbank Convent in Michigan partial funding of main entrance to Convent renovation expenses and for the continued care of the Sisters.
- $10,000—was delivered to the Akron, Ohio Convent for the continued care of the Sisters.
The Sisters are so grateful to all of their loyal friends and supporters. Without your contributions, it would be impossible to continue all of these ministries.
If you wish to learn more about the Daughters of Divine Charity or want to make a gift, please visit: