In 1960, the Diocese of San Diego asked the Daughters of Divine Charity to staff the newly built St. Therese School in the Allied Gardens section of San Diego. The Sisters already had well-established communities in the Diocese at St. Charles School in the Imperial Beach section of San Diego and St. Joseph School in Fontana.
St. Therese Parish grew rapidly and soon there were two classrooms of each grade from first through eighth, as well as a large kindergarten. In order to accommodate the many Catholic students who attended public schools in the area, a catechetical program was inaugurated. This flourishing program is now administered by the Sisters with the assistance of professionally trained lay catechists.
Simultaneously, the Sisters became active in pastoral ministry in the parish, visiting the sick, homebound, and those in hospitals and care facilities. Several years ago, a group of Associate Members of the Daughters of Divine Charity was formed in San Diego. In addition, the Sisters serve the parish through prayer groups, the music ministry and a variety of other aspects of the liturgical life of the parish.
6430 Therese Way
San Diego, CA
(619) 287- 1320