St. Mary’s Residence is owned and operated by the Daughters of Divine Charity (FDC). It was the first American foundation of the FDC’s who arrived from Hungary in 1913.
The community moved to several different locations over the years. In 1966, the present building, capable of accommodating 152 residents, was completed.
Women continuing their education or beginning their professional careers are accepted. In an effort to provide services to as many young women as possible, the length of stay at St Mary’s Residence is limited to 4 years.
As actively apostolic religious we are impelled by unconditional love of God and imbued with the Charism of our Foundress, Mother Franziska Lechner, to “make God’s love visible” to all.